How to Bring People with Special Needs Closer to Christ
by Danyelle Ferguson and Lynn Parsons, M.S.
2011 Bronze Quill Religious Book Publication Award Winner
Each day, parents and church leaders struggle to teach individuals with special needs. Using helpful information, real-life stories, and a touch of humor, (dis)Abilities and the Gospel provides ways for you to effectively teach people of all ages with autism, Down syndrome, bipolar disorder, memory loss, and other disabilities.
Inside this useful guide, you’ll find
• Guidance for building strong family relationships
• Steps to teaching prayer and scripture study
• Practical and creative teaching tips
• Programs to help with transitions, communication barriers, and behaviors
• Techniques to help others feel welcome and valued
Find the answers you need and overcome the challenges of teaching the gospel. (dis)Abilities and the Gospel will help you develop each person’s ability to learn and grow as you build peace in your home or classroom.
Publication Date: May 2011
Publisher: Cedar Fort, Inc.